Applies to Windows: 7, 8, 10
Want to know what version of Windows you are running? Here are 3 ways to find it…
- Press the start button (Windows logo icon) on the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Type Computer (on Windows 8 and 10 computer, you’ll need to type This PC)
- Right click and select properties
Method 2: This is a key combination on your keyboard
- Press Windows logo key + R
- Type winver, then click OK.
Method 3: This is a key combination on your keyboard
- Press the Windows logo key + Pause/Break button
Note: The pause break button is usually on the top right hand portion of your keyboard.
Personal note: Method 3 is my method of choice and works on any version of Windows.
Want to know more keyboard shortcuts? Check out these links –